This month our dental team at the office of Dr. David Weinstock is focusing in on the dental implant. You may have heard about the ingenuity and high success rates of dental implants, this month we will look deeper at why the dental implant has become the gold standard for replacing missing teeth. Dental implants are a natural way to replace missing teeth and provide long-term benefits for both your oral health and your quality of life.
Prosthodontist Dr. David Weinstock offers full-service dental implants from the comfort of his state-of-the-art Philadelphia, PA dentist office.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is made of three parts that form a prosthetic tooth. Implants can be used to replace a single missing tooth, or several implants can be placed to secure a full arch of missing teeth.
- Your Custom Dental Restoration- The type of dental restoration patients receive will vary depending on the number and placement of their missing teeth. A dental crown is used to restore a single missing tooth. A denture can be secured using dental implants for the replacement of a full arch of missing teeth. Our Philadelphia, PA dentist office uses the highest quality dental porcelain to design natural and lifelike dental restorations. The restoration will be color, shape, and size matched to blend seamlessly with your natural smile. Once the patient and Dr. Weinstock are fully satisfied with the aesthetics of the dental restoration, Dr. Weinstock permanently fixes the restoration using the abutment as the anchor.
- The Precisely Fit Abutment- The abutment is a small metal piece that Dr. Weinstock attaches to the dental implant once healed. The abutment is designed to anchor the final dental restoration in place.
- A Surgically Implanted Post- The dental implant is designed to replace the missing tooth root. Made from bio-compatible titanium the implant integrates with the jaw bone. Over the course of about 2-3 months, the implant fuses with the jaw bone creating a stable bond that will be used to hold the space of the missing tooth. Dental implants help to stabilize the bite preventing shifting, bone loss or additional tooth loss.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants provide patients with more benefits than traditional missing teeth replacement options. Whether you receive a single dental implant, or All-On-Four to replace a full set of missing teeth, implants help support your best smile.
- Prevent jaw recession
- Promotes bone regeneration
- Restores function
- Natural looking and feeling
- Improves speech
- Protects surrounding teeth
- 95% Sucess rate!
Why should I choose Dr. Weinstock for dental implants?
Dr. Weinstock is highly trained prosthodontists and periodontist. He is uniquely qualified to provide full-service dental implant treatments from the comfort of his Bala Cynwyd, PA dentist office. In addition to his advanced training, Dr. Weinstock’s compassionate bedside manner and his commitment to his patient’s wellness is what sets him apart.
If you are missing teeth are looking for a permanent and natural way to replace them, contact our Bala Cynwyd, PA dentist office or click here to request a consultation online.