Patient’s enjoy a renewed sense of self and empowerment when they feel confident sharing their smile.
Dr. David Weinstock provides modern aesthetic dental services to patients in the Philadelphia, PA area. Dr. Weinstock works to improve the natural design of the smile through enhancing the appearance and balance of the gums and teeth. Dr. Weinstock’s comprehensive approach and refined technique allow for beautiful results that look and feel like real teeth.
The Art of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is a fine art that takes years of experience and a natural eye for aesthetics. Dr. Weinstock performs a total facial assessment as part of the patient’s cosmetic consultation. A beautiful smile must flow and bring cohesion to the entire face. A smile should enhance the other natural features of the face and improve the patients whole aesthetic. To achieve this standard of results from a cosmetic smile makeover Dr. Weinstock considers multiple aspects.
- The Shape of the Face – Dr. Weinstock first considers the shape of the patient’s face. The teeth can be made to enhance high cheekbones, or slim a rounder face. A person with a larger facial circumference and wide smile will need larger teeth while someone with a thin long face may desire more square teeth. Porcelain veneers or dental bonding can change the shape of the teeth to create a more aesthetic smile.
- Current & Desired Tooth Color – Stained, yellow or otherwise discolored teeth can age the appearance of the smile. Large dark spots can be distracting cosmetic blemishes on the smile. Whiter, brighter teeth look younger, are more appealing, and can make a patient feel more confident in their smile. Depending on the cause of tooth discoloration, Dr. Weinstock may recommend a teeth whitening treatment, porcelain veneers, or dental bonding to create a whiter smile.
- Tooth & Gum Proportions – The gum to tooth ratio is important when considering what dental treatments will provide optimal results for a total smile makeover. Dental bonding or veneers can be used to extend the length of the teeth for patients with a large gum surface or “gummy smile.”
- Tooth Alignment – Crooked teeth are not only a cosmetic concern but an oral health concern as well. Crooked teeth can be difficult to clean and may cause malocclusion and TMJ. Some patients can correct cosmetically crooked teeth using veneers or bonding treatments.
- Health & Condition of Teeth – Excessively worn, chipped or cracked teeth are an oral health hazard. Cosmetic dental treatments can restore the appearance and integrity to the structure of the damaged tooth.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Patients travel from all over the region to receive cosmetic dental smile makeovers at our Bala Cynwyd dentist office. To learn more about how cosmetic dentistry can help you improve the aesthetics and health of your smile, contact our Bala Cynwyd, PA dentist office. Dr. Weinstock warmly welcomes new patients from the greater Philadelphia region. Contact our front desk, or click here to schedule your consultation online for your convenience.